- 78 years old
History of present illness
- Alzheimer's disease initially diagnosed/first symptoms ~8 years prior to clinical screening
- Orthostatic dizziness
- Sleep difficulty
- Simvastatin for hypercholesterolemia
- Glucosamine with chondroitin sulfates for arthritis
- Flaxseed and cod liver oil supplements
- Baseline Alzheimer’s Disease Assessment Scale–Cognitive subscale (ADAS–Cog) of 31
- Baseline Mini-Mental State Exam (MMSE) of 15
- Axona 40 g QD added to existing treatment
||ADAS–Coga||Change in ADAS–Coga||MMSEb|
(after 14 days of no treatment, per study protocol)
|aLower scores indicate improvement.
bHigher scores indicate improvement.
- ADAS–Cog score progressively improved at days 45 and 90
- ADAS–Cog score remained improved at the washout visit (day 104)
*Based on a real patient. Name has been changed.